Thursday, August 22, 2013

Puppies, puppies, and more puppies!!!

As I mentioned in my last post we have been fostering dogs through SecondHand Hound now for 6 or so months. They supply everything for the dogs, from food to toys to kennels everything really. We just supply the love and a warm house to live in. We have fostered 12 dogs in total now. The rest of them were all adult dogs and adopted out with in a month or less.

3 weeks ago SHH posted that they needed a foster for a momma dog and her 7, 1 day old puppies. I jumped up thinking oh how fun not thinking about the amount of work they are. They are fun and oh so cute. The first 2 weeks momma did everything for the puppies besides changing there bedding once a day and making sure momma was fed and feeding her puppies we really didn't have to do anything. We watched them grow and cuddled them a bit but really they were tiny little things. Week 3 hit and oh man are the pooping machines. I put new puppy pads in there pen 4 times a day. They second a new pad hits the ground it is pooped or peed on multiple times. I deep clean there pen 1-2 times a day which requires me taking them out of the pen on to my living room floor to clean it. So then not only do I have to clean the pen I have to clean the living room floor after they go back in there pen. They are getting really fun though they are starting to run around and really play with each other and the kids oh man they love these puppies so much. Feeding time for the puppies is probably the kids favortie time of day (4 times a day). Anyways here the little fluff balls are oh so cute.



No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!