Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful

Since its thanksgiving and all I thought I would write out some things I am thankful for.

  • My children. I know most people say this and I am sure its true for them too but for me its a little different. After 5 years of dealing with infertility and every infertility treatment under the sun I had come to the realization that we would probably never have kids. Being crushed month after month finding out I wasn't pregnant was hard. Watching all your family and friends get pregnant before your eyes sucked bad. Finding out I was pregnant with the first was the most amazing feeling in the world. 
  • Cora. I know it sounds funny but I am so thankful I got my little girl. Not only did I get my girl but that I am raising her in a way that hopefully won't make her a bitch. This may sound crazy but I was told from some one that who has a little 1 year old girl that because there girl is a girl and will be raised as a princess. The poor girl isn't allowed to play with any boy toys  or anything that isn't princess like. That is just crazy to me. Cora's favorite toy is a car she drives around our house, after putting the car down she runs to her doll and gives it a hug.
  • The best husband in the world. Sure our parenting views don't always match but I will say that we are on par with most things. For 2 people who were raised completely differen't we have come along way with finding those things that work for him from up and me too and brining that in to how we raise our kids. He is my best friend and the worlds best dad.
  • Birth to 3. I have to be thankful for this with out it Oliver would still be a whining mess who didn't know how to talk. Every day for the last 8 months Oliver and now Cora too have gotten speech therapy. I have not paid a single penny for it. If it wasn't for birth to 3 I don't know what we would have to there is no way we could afford private speech therapy.
  • Health. Each one of my kids and my family is healthy. I couldn't ask for more. I have never once even had to bring my kids in to the doctor for a sick visit. 
  • Being able to spend this thanksgiving with my grandma. Her health is failing her and this probably will be the last thanksgiving I will get to spend with her. This woman is my rock she is my heart. Losing her will crush me but for now I will cherish the time I have with her.
  • Being able to be stay at home mom. For the first 4 years of Carter's life, first 3 of Oliver's life and 1 year of Cora's life I have been able to stay at home with my kids and watch them grow. I have witnessed all those first I never wanted to miss. I have been here for them in a way my mom could have never been there for me. Its time for me to re-enter the work force and I am ok with that I am ready for it.
  • We have a roof over our hear and food on our table we have lots to be thankful for.



No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!